LONDON CELEBRITY SHOE AUCTION 2012
The London Celebrity Shoe Auction 2012
The 2012 London Celebrity Shoe Auction was a huge success with over 350 people in attendance! The exclusive live event and premiered our latest film ‘Next Steps’ and was hosted by Oliver Thornton & held at Jalouse Club.
This was our third Celebrity Shoe Auction, hosted by Oliver Thornton and the premiere of our fourth film, Next Steps, narrated by Peter Egan. It was the charity’s biggest event and fundraiser of the year and all the money raised went to the charity. As well as paying for thousands of shoes for barefoot children, it helped run outreach projects; delivering medical and educational care to the dump children on a regular basis. It will also fund sustainable shelters where the children will be fed, cleaned and looked after.
The celebrities who donate their shoes and those who bid for them are enabling some of the poorest children in the world to take small steps out of poverty.
The Event featured:
- A cocktail and champagne reception with celebrity canapés, based on the celebrities’ favourite foods- by Chef to the stars, Rob Hunningher & The Humdingers Team.
- A pop up hair salon by Taylor Taylor London and massage!
- A photography exhibition where limited edition prints were available for sale
- The premiere of our latest short film, Next Steps, narrated by Peter Egan.
- An exhibition and auction of some of the world’s most famous footwear!
- An exclusive after party 10.30pm-4am.
We would like to thank all the companies for donating their time, skills and experience to make this a non profit event, including: Humdingers Catering, Jalouse Club, Lucas Orme Photography, Plain Jane Events, Taylor Taylor London and Wellers Auctioneers.